Sunday, October 19, 2008

Are you better off than your parents ?


(Originally written 1/31/02)



They call them the Prosperous 80' & 90's

Who were they prosperous for ? the elite & super-rich ?

How many of all adults can really say that they are better off than their parents of the previous generation ? Another false government slogan to reasure themselves that they aren't "stealing blind" the rest of us,
(Yea! those of us that aren't rich or part of the ruling elite).

I received my 2 worthless Bachelor of Arts degrees in 1992. However, it was not a very prosperous decade for me - how about for you ? much the opposite. As for my parents ? I will never get "a sniff" of their prosperity level. In our family, each individual had to earn their own, not "mooch off" others, even relatives "success" (To each their own - no matter which family status). Does this standard apply to your culture ?

No comments: